Thursday, July 3, 2008

Shit your pants fun!

When I started this project, I decided that if I was going to make the self imposed deadline, I simply wouldn't have time to both sleep and drink. I consigned myself to the fact that I would have to sacrifice one of my beloved upon the altar of progress.

Not sleeping is not as bad as you might have guessed, once you get past the first few days you accept that your productivity per hour has substantially decreased but the total number of hours available to be productive have nearly doubled, leaving you with positive progress. I can't ignore the fact that the overall quality of my life and noticeably decreased and I remind myself that I don't try, I just do. I'm selflessly putting progress before safety for your selfish unappreciative entertainment needs.

For those of you who appreciate my generous sacrifices upon the altar of progress, I would like to remind you that the light you see at the end of the tunnel, that you are dutifully running towards is actually a train named life and it's traveling fast, hard, and in your direction.

News of the battle of shader graphics:
Today I decided to rewrite the rendering engine again, it's failing to deliver on my demands. The new render interface is more streamlined, more exciting, more powerful and if everything goes as intended and expected it should be one of my final engagements on the graphics programming front.

No comments: