Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Syrup Beer

I watched a star fall from the sky and strike a lightly wooded area nearby. It didn't occur to me to look for the meteorite until the following day. I couldn't find it.

Looking for fallen meteorites is a lot like lamenting wasted potential. Imagining you weren't a loser doesn't make you less of a loser. Unrealized potential is probably just a trick your memory plays on you, you probably didn't have any potential to start with.

I saw a green floating orb once. It dominated a valley, casting green light on the surrounding wooded hillsides. It never occurred to make to take a picture. I shrugged it off as lucid dream. A few years later a man told me his story of seeing an green orb at a different location a few miles away, I said nothing. Weird shit.

No comments: